The world of CBD has exploded onto the wellness scene, and it’s no surprise that more and more people are turning to this natural compound for its potential health benefits. With its popularity on the rise, buying CBD online has become a convenient and cost-effective option for many.. but, it can also be overwhelming with so many vendors taking advantage of the unregulated nature of CBD by making outrageous claims, competing with shady products, and taking potentially harmful shortcuts to capitalize in this market. In this quick guide, we’ll help health-conscious readers like you make informed decisions when purchasing CBD products online.
I. What is CBD and Why Should You Consider It?
Cannabidiol, or CBD for short, is a natural compound found in the cannabis plant. Unlike its well-known cousin, from the marijuana plant, THC,CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it won’t get you “high.” Instead, it has become increasingly popular for its potential health benefits, thanks to its interaction with the endocannabinoid system in our bodies.
The endocannabinoid system plays a crucial role in maintaining our body’s balance and regulating various physiological processes, including mood, pain sensation, and immune response. CBD is believed to interact with this system, which may explain its potential benefits, such as:
- Pain relief
- Anxiety and stress reduction
- Improved sleep quality
- Neuroprotective properties
- Other potential benefits and ongoing research
II. Types of CBD Products Available Online
With the growing interest in CBD, a wide variety of products have become available to suit different needs and preferences. Here are some of the most common types of CBD products you can find online:
- CBD oil and tinctures
- CBD capsules and soft gels
- CBD gummies and edibles
- CBD topicals and creams
- CBD vapes and e-liquids
- Other unique CBD products (e.g., bath bombs, beverages)
III. Understanding CBD Terminology
When shopping for CBD products online, it’s essential to understand some of the most common terms you’ll encounter:
- Full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate:
- Full-spectrum CBD contains all the natural compounds found in the cannabis plant, including trace amounts of THC (less than 0.3%).
- Broad-spectrum CBD contains a range of cannabinoids and terpenes but no THC.
- CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD, with all other compounds removed.
- Third-party lab testing and certificates of analysis: Reputable companies will have their products tested by independent labs to ensure quality, potency, and purity. Look for a certificate of analysis (COA) to verify these test results. Perform due diligence in confirming the amounts listed on the COA and that the COA is from an independent, third-party source (separate from the seller).
- Hemp source and manufacturing processes: High-quality CBD products are made from natural, organic ingredients and carefully crafted to contain the amounts of activate compounds advertised (see COA above). Consider companies that are transparent about their hemp sourcing and manufacturing process, ingredients, and shelf lives.
IV. Tips for Buying CBD Online
With the abundance of options and companies trying to cash in on the CBD craze, navigating the world of online CBD shopping can be overwhelming. Here are some tips to help you find the best products:
- Research reputable brands and companies: Look for companies that prioritize transparency, natural/organic products, sustainability, and provide third-party testing. Ask the company questions about their products (have questions about ALINE cannabis products? please don’t hesitate to send us your questions here!). Review their ingredients list carefully for natural/organic ingredients. Read customer reviews and testimonials.
- Compare prices and find the best value: While price shouldn’t be your only consideration, it’s important to find products that offer the best value for your money. Compare prices per milligram of CBD to ensure you’re getting a fair deal in comparison to the general target market. CBD is highly unregulated, and as such prices per mg vary wildly across vendors.
- Understand the company’s shipping and return policies: Familiarize yourself with the shipping options and return policies before making a purchase. Unexpected costs often lie in shipping and can push your CBD product over the threshold of its value. Some companies offer free shipping, while others have generous return policies. At ALINE cannabis, we offer free shipping on all products with a 30-day, risk-free refund policy if you are not satisfied with the product.
Take advantage of discounts, promotions, and loyalty programs. Sales are abundant and most CBD companies offer first-time customer deals and will e-mail you deals in the future. Be sure to sign up for their mailing lists to stay updated on all discounts and special offers.